Friday, August 28, 2009

August 29th 2009

I am room 252 at the royal st kitts, so stop by and say hello if you want. I plan to move in from a guest room in the morning.

here are some answers to the questions I have been asked by friends:

Be sure to remember your linens and iron for royal st. kitts. I initially though that they would provide them... aannnd I was wrong. I need to go buy some bedding in the morning. Also if you are concerned about bringing food to the island, don't be... I brought 4 boxes of food and had frozen food in my carry on. Just tell them that you are a new student on the island and that this is your food only. They mainly check for electronic items... they are just tryna protect there economy. Bringing food to the island should not be a problem from what i have heard. Also make sure to buy your books online or even borders or Barnes and Noble, because some of the prices on these books are ridiculously expensive. I checked out the school yesterday with my parents and it looks very nice. I will post a video of the school and its facilities later. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Aug 28th, Shiggidy Shack Dinner @ 7pm:

Last night there was a semi-event at Shiggidy shacks down on the strip. I have to say it was pretty solid, live music in front of the beach. AMAZING! I didn't stay too long into the night but the strip is THE spot on the island so you probably will find yourself there sometime soon. I think that there is also an event next Saturday September 5th ton the southeast (i think) part of the island, more of a day type thing. It was cool that the nursing and med students all hang out know each other, afterall .... we all will be studying in the same buildings. Initially I had the impression that the med campus was separate from the nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment