Thursday, August 2, 2012

feedback for rotations thus far in chicago - Hinsdale Hospital

so  I am half way through my core rotations and there have been some good and bad things about my experience. The good is that i have all my rotations in one spot - through Adventist HINSDALE HOSPITAL, unlike many of the other students. And the bad, well there is always a bad side... we are a caribbean school still working out kinks!

So Im not going to mention the bad Dr's but you can ask me via email - harisshekhani@gmail.com. I have done my family, internal and pediatric rotations thus far.

Family - DR xyz - C+  : i wasnt challenged at all, and my hospital exposure was terrible, what little I had.

Internal medicine - Dr's Rauf/Udani/Ahmed- B+ Amazing, if you haven't had a chance to rotate with these guys, I highly suggest taking a these guys as an elective course. The reason why i gave it a B+ was that being with nephrologist, obviously 90% of what i learned about through them involved the kidneys. this being my internal medicine rotation, that was kind of a bummer. I didnt get the proper exposure i thought i would get in this rotation. On the upside, these doctors are amazing at what they do. Each doctor has his own swagger. I learned different things from each of them. It helps a lot that they are not old traditional doctors, they are young and motivated doctors who care a lot about their patients and work their butts off. TONS OF HOSPITAL TIME. If you do happen to have an internal medicine rotation with them, you will know your renal so well and your hospital skills will be off the chain. They treat you like a resident and you are expected to perform like one. be prepared these guys will challenge in every way possible

Pediatrics - Dr Downing - A- : Great doctor, super nice and passionate about what she does. Reason why its an A- is because I wish i had more hospital time.  The clinic, one on one time and leanring with her was like no other doctor i have been with. She really wants to help and teach you every way she can. A doctor that actually goes the extra mile with the student!


UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES

1 comment:

  1. I will be beginning at UMHS this coming semester and I'm really excited about it. Your information on the rotations and going to UMHS ST. Kitts have been really helpful. I can't wait to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete