Thursday, August 2, 2012

Step 1 relfection

So after hitting Maine in the final semester before rotations, the general consensus was from our class was that we were very under prepared for the step. Coming from the Caribbean from schools other than the top 4 down there.... aka UMHS, students should plans on teaching themselves a lot of the material to prepare for step 1. The passing kaplan exam should be raised from 54 to atleast 60 % in my opinion. While studying for step 1 i dont even recommend starting usmle world until you have gone through kaplan twice. A really valuable resource that i missed out on was PATHOMA. Dont waste your money with DIT, atleast form my experience it didnt help me very much.... i got the program for free, although it seemed like a waste of my time. The pass program proves beneficial to many students.... but its also 7k$ or something. My honest opinon to you, know your path like crazy.. via pathoma and make sure you cram psych before the exam because it is easily forgotten and over looked, it can really help boost your grade, and it def helped me out alot. Goodluck. on to step 2 and my core rotations. ...




UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to begin at University of Medicine and Health Science St. Kitts soon and the information you give on your personal experiences are really helpful. I appreciate the information and advice you give about preparing for the exams. It really helps me prepare for my own experiences.

    ReplyDelete